If you are a business owner who wants to reach out to maximum potential customers then one thing you should always pay heed to is that your website should be mobile-friendly. As a matter of fact, this has to be your topmost priority given that maximum people use smartphones for browsing the virtual world of the internet for different purposes. If you wish to enhance your mobile SEO then you have to first improve the performance of your website. Along with, you need to make sure that you are providing users an excellent experience. Reading further would help you understand the importance mobile-friendly website.
Wondering when is a website mobile-friendly? If yes then read on. Your website is considered mobile-friendly if it:
- Provides additional value to mobile users
- Loads quickly and properly on a mobile device such as tablet or smartphone
- Is instantly and easily understandable for search engines
- Loads lightning fast
- Offers ample room for navigating by touch
- Present content in easy readable fashion, without mobile users having to zoom and pinch
Tips for improving mobile website
In order to improve your mobile SEO, there are a few things you should pay attention to:
- Improve the speed of your site
- Tell Google about your website
- Make sure that you have responsive website
- Do not make use of too many redirects
- Select the right viewport
- Don’t use pop-ups or interstitial
- Verify mobile friendliness
Importance of mobile SEO
Mobile SEO is one of the best ways to make sure that your mobile based website offers the right presentation of content to the users of mobile device. Given that world is becoming mobile-oriented; having mobile-friendly website is a must. If your website is not available for mobile users, there are high chances that you might be missing on a decent ranking in the major search engines, and thus not able to meet targeted profits. Hence, you should leave no stone unturned to make the mobile version of your website as creative, interesting and good as possible. Well, in other words, it should be excellent.
Since the beginning of the year 2017, Google makes use of the mobile version of the website for determining its rankings. If you have less content on your mobile version of website or it is not up to the scratch, you might find it difficult in getting a good ranking. If your website lacks adequate mobile version, it is suggested you rather make it fully functional; preferably a responsive design is what you need. There is a great starting guide by Google to get you going.